Thursday, December 20, 2012

Manifesting a Sewing Wish

A few weeks ago, I posted a Christmas wish on the Mood Fabrics Facebook page that said something like this:

Dear Mood - all I want for Christmas is to win one day at Mood with a Project Runway designer to help me select fabric for sewing garments.  PS - I'll even pay my own expenses! 


Well, on Wednesday (12/19) I was at the end of my "sisters" trip and took off for the morning to fabric shop while they did more sight seeing.  I got off the elevator at Mood and in the corner, I saw women taking photos with a Project Runway designer Kooan Kosuke.  I just marveled at seeing a celebrity at Mood and tried to keep a respectable distance when I really just wanted to run up and ask for an autograph, but didn't.

As I was looking at the velvets, I heard a voice say "Can I help you?" and honest to Pete - it was him!  I'd forgotten that Mood had recently hired Kooan to work at the store, and here he was before me, sales apron on with a giant smile ready to help!!

I was almost speechless!  He helped me select a velvet and a tafeta and we talked about design elements for those, and a few other fabric choices.  Pleated collar and cuffs?  Yes - maybe.

We also talked about his current work, his desire to create a line for consumers, which would use other skills and require a different thought process to his normal designing.  He does costumes mostly, and now working at Mood.  He did say that when he creates non-costume garments, that he puts so much of himself and time into the garment, it is very hard for him to part with it.

So, my wish came true!  I got the help of a Project Runway designer in a very short time after I placed my wish order with the Universe.

May you all be blessed with great dreams, and have strong visions of the life you desire.  That is all you need to start the energy flowing, creating the environment to give you what you seek.  But don't forget YOUR part in the process. 

I had to get myself to NYC and walk myself to Mood before the magic could happen!

TTFN!

Jackie

1 comment:

  1. And you didn't even really want to go that day, did you? So glad you did :)

    ReplyDelete