Friday, June 1, 2012

It has even happened here!

As I was setting up my blog, I discovered the option to allow advertisements to be shown on my page, and fought with the gadget for an hour or so with no success.  I tried to sponsor sewing machines, fabric, patterns, knitting stuff to no avail.  Just before signing off (having been "errored out" several times) I thought to myself "Well, since none of those products seem to be offered as options, I suppose I can always sponsor health insurance (my old occupation)!"  And then I thought, nah. . .I'll find something tomorrow.

So, I wake up today, turn on my PC and go to my blog.  And guess what?  There are ads on my page!  Not only that, but the main ad is for a health insurance company!! Go figure.

I've got some work to do on this, but in the meantime, I'm thinking I best be careful what I think about since it seems to comes to me very quickly!

Coincidence?  What do you think?

5 comments:

  1. I think you have forsight, keep on blogging

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris, do you mean "seeing/knowing? something before it happens? I've been pondering that. It's almost impossible to tell if I'm pre-seeing it, or if I'm manifesting it to life. Do you have any experience with this? Thanks for the post!

      Delete
  2. Hate to burst your bubble, but these things have "spiders" that crawl your postings and latch onto keywords within them to tie in the ads on the side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AND once a person comments, these "spiders" grab onto the profile info associated with the commenter and - viola - the ads are now specific to the reader/commenter. It's a real science.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, thanks for the comment. I had to set up my blog to even allow that to happen, but the last thing I expected to see was the health insurance ad since it was also the last thing on my mind! I would have expected some ads about psychics, horoscopes, or something related, but that one just got me! I appreciate your post. This is an amazing world we live in eh? Have you had any coincidences you want to share?

    ReplyDelete