Friday, June 1, 2012

Opportunity Coincidence for Step-son

A couple of weeks ago, on a Friday morning, I was putzing around the house thinking about how I was going to help find some volunteer opportunities for my step-son to add to his college experience in his field of Wildlife Management.  His thing is hunting, fishing and all that goes with that.  He was fortunate to find a college degree program in just that line of work.  Now, going into his Junior year, he needs to start having "work" experience or internships in that line of study.  Here we are, in Toledo, Ohio and I am mulling over how I can ever find him opportunities here, when my door bell rang.

It was the guy (from a distant town) who fixes my roof.  He stopped by, unannounced,  not to check on my roof which he just repaired the prior week, but to ask if my husband might be available to help him over at the Boy Scout reservation down the street with an event for kids teaching them how to fish.  Hmmmm....I said.  Hubby is sick, but how about the step-kid?  Might it be possble that he could get some bona-fide credits for his portfolio if he helps out?

Why absolutely, was the response.  In fact, my roof guy handed me a card for the step-son from the American Sportsman's Club and told me of numerous volunteer opportunities for my kid, all across the country in all seasons!  From over night camps, to day events at Cabella's, the sponsors are looking for help to teach people how to hunt, fish, camp, trap and skin - and his first opportunity was the very next day. 

Thank you Universe!  You heard my call for help and answered my specific request for volunteer opportunities from the hunting, fishing, camping world!  And my goodness, how quickly you responded!

Coincidence?  Pre-knowing?  This time around, it sure felt like manifesting to me.  Getting in alignment with something I wanted and assuming it would come, letting the how and why up to the Universe.

In any event, step-son is now on a fast track to filling his internship/volunteer dance card and all he had to do was make the first phone call to the number on the card. 

TTFN!
May all your thoughts be good ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment